Appointments are a minimum of 30 minutes, but can last longer depending on your circumstances.
To obtain a LTC/FID
Appointment please follow these instructions:
- Call 978-448-5555 to make an appointment to meet with the Certified Firearms Licensing Official.
- Bring a copy of your approved gun safety course certificate (M.G.L. C140 s131P) - *renewals - only required if previous LTC/FID is from another town or if license was issued after 1998.
- Bring your Massachusetts Driver’s License
- Bring any firearms licenses you may have from another state - *renewals - bring previously issued LTC/FID
- Bring application fee (see fee schedule below)
- If a naturalized citizen you MUST bring your Naturalization Card
- If applicant is a Permanent Resident Alien a Green Card is required
- If applicant is a minor, a parental consent form is required
- If applicant is a minor, parent(s) are required to attend appointment
- If applicant is applying for business bring proof of ownership